I’m so trilled I had the opportunity to participate in the 2009 OTA Conference. I have so many special memories from this experience. (I’m so lucky) Here are a few things that stand out to me about the conference from a totally “I’m so blessed” perspective.
1. I got the opportunity to present. (SINGing the Praises of NING)
2. I meet Will Richardson. (very cool)
3. Will pushed the audience to think past today. (where will we be tomorrow with technology)
4. We learned about the girl that paid it forward on behalf of her grandpa. Her goal was to do good deeds for 25 days, she is still out it over a year later. http://twentyfivedays.wordpress.com/
5. We learned about the politician that raised money through the power of the internet. Lesson: don’t look for 52 rich people to give to your cause…get 3000 people to believe in your cause and let them give a little money and a lot of support.
6. My college professor came to my session. We just never grow out of loving the attention of our teachers.
7. Sandy G. said, “I think we test too much.” (did she really say that, WOW)
8. I did over 16 fist/explosion handshakes with Eric H. (we have is down to a science)
9. I listened to Tammy P. remind us, if they can do it…we can do it. (GO Howe!)
10. I picked up some great tools from Wes Fryer’s session.
11. Stand, sit, hang from the ceiling was the motto at Wes’ Wednesday session. (that man can draw a crowd.)
12. I loved the un-conference session with Joshua, Terry, and Eric. (we need more chances to network)
13. I added new friends to follow on twitter.
14. My new buddy Mandy is so cool.
15. We used Wes’ video camera to take random pics at lunch. I’m not sure Jed will be the same.
16. I loved that Mandy kept calling Jed by another name.
17. I really love that every time James talks; it is about technology. That man is brilliant!
18. I got the chance to share my Chuck E. Cheese was just blown away story. (It was on Twitter.)
19. I’m ready for NECC!
20. I’m thinking I really should be posting a summary about my session, or I could just link back to the speed of creativity.
It was great to see everyone, but I know there were so many more individuals I missed over the past two days. (sad) I would like to propose we start doing some real online networking to build some momentum for next year’s event. Thanks everyone for you support during my session and thanks for allowing me to learn from you. See you guys at NECC!